Friday, August 15, 2008

This is the fourth time I have tried to post. I let tendancies get in my way: perfectionist tendancies, selfesteem tendancies, lazy tendancies. But I have exciting news and whether or not anyone else reads it, I'm putting it out there for the whole wide world to know:

I passed the content portion of the AEPA! There, I said it.

Despite my fears that the Performance Evaluation question was my undoing (I hadn't had that methods class yet), I passed. Better still, all my cohort budies that took the test with me also passed. Two friends took the whole thing, two other friends took parts like I did. Now my big decision is when to take the last part, and I'm leaning toward the September date. The November date is just too deep into the semester and VERY close to finals.

I've also been developing a study aid to market to my college friends. They are vocabulary flashcards. Content areas are differentiated by color; I've placed them on rings to make them easier to flip through. I'm not totally impressed with all the definitions they provide, so if I continue the project I'm gonig to have to do a little digging for better definitions.

It's hard to believe that the semester is only two weeks away, graduation is only nine months away, and a teaching job is just a little less than a year away! I must admit that finding a job is a little worrisome for two reasons:
  1. Our program director told us that this past spring, members of the graduating cohort hard time finding position in the big districts in Phoenix.
  2. My cousin in Missouri said that 3000 applicants applied for 300 jobs in the Independence School District near Kansas City, MO.

I guess we'll see what the future holds...

2 comments:

HollyB said...

Congratulations on passing your test!! This is cool that you have a blog. Do you know anyone else who is on here? I just added some funny photos to mine...need to check it out!

TestPrep said...

I would like to let you know about a helpful new resource to help prospective Arizona teachers pass the AEPA Basic Skills Assessment. If you find you don't need the instruction, pass it along to a colleague.

Our online program (over 1,500 web pages of instruction) covers all competencies including the 2008 test specifications. The program's twelve (12) full-length practice tests in Reading, Writing, and Mathematics (4 each) are modeled on the practice test from the Official AEPA Web Site (gace.nesinc.com). You can even write a sample essay and receive a reply with appropriate feedback.

Follow the simple steps below to begin using the program:

1. Locate the following URL with your Web browser:
http://www.longsdalepub.com/aepa-test.html

2. Click on the "Sign In" link at the top of the page.

3. Click on the "Register" link and enter the following information.
School Number: 70004
School Key: 9p5T235nFg

That's it. You are free to use the program; there is no obligation on your part. If you find our instruction and practice tests helpful, you can send a testimonial to service@longsdalepub.com but you don't have to.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Sincerely,
Craig Hansel
Longsdale Publishing

Merry Christmas 2008

Hoe Down! October 31, 2008