Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My First Day of First Grade

I just woke up from nap time...

Today was my first day of first grade! I met the class I will be with this spring for student teaching and spent the day helping in the classroom. Sue Grim is a twelve year veteran who is an amazing teacher! She oozes patience and on several occasions actively reflected on occurrences and how she could could effect a different outcome (education theory in action!). She's calm, she's happy, and she's focused, all qualities I will do well to emulate.

The students? WOW! What a good week to see them in action. Holiday break is only three days away, it was raining so the students were on rainy day schedule, and the place was a zoo! The little kiddies couldn't focus, besides there was a new adult in the classroom trying to learn their names and their classroom procedure. Tomorrow will probably be a better day.

By the end of the day I was tired and hungry. I came home, folded some laundry and took a nap. It's 11:50 p.m. and I just woke up an hour ago. I think I'm going to have to get more sleep!

I love first grade!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

yay for first grade!

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

I forgot you started this week! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! =)

desertmama said...

It started already? That came so fast. The time is just flying by and just think soon you will be graduating!

Merry Christmas 2008

Hoe Down! October 31, 2008