Friday, April 22, 2011

Coveting

There is no doubt that coveting is bad. It ranks right up there with some of the big sins and I think that is because it makes one dissatisfied with their life and the blessings God has given them. However, I hear in my head the scripture that says, "But covet earnestly the best gifts; and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way." (1 Corinthians 12:31) I covet wisdom.

I am not a wise person. Daily interactions reinforces that to me. I wish I had the ability to reach into some mental file marked "Wisdom" and pull out the answers that I so desperately need. I found myself today in such a situation where I groped for the wisdom file and there was nothing inside. Frustration! Disappointment! Fear! Was I creating a potential disaster because I was acting without the temperance of wisdom?

What I do know is that my lack of wisdom forces me to seek out God and beg for His wisdom to be poured out on me. I would love that blessing to be mine in the form of the words that spring out of my mouth, but in recent situations, wisdom comes from those around me and I am wise enough to listen.

I covet wisdom.

2 comments:

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

We need a "like" button for posts as well. Mark me down for "like" and "ditto". =)

desertmama said...

Me too!

Merry Christmas 2008

Hoe Down! October 31, 2008