Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Flocks

Four dogs do not make a flock, but they are a pack, which is a group of animals, but just not sheep. I tell you this because I claimed a promise in the Book of Mormon, I prayed over my flock. Isabel had been VERY sick for three or four days. She had stopped eating, started vomiting, and wasn't eliminating. Jim set up the doggy veterinarian clinic in the living room, using the treadmill as an IV stand. For three days he gave her IVs; on the third day he said if things didn't get better, we would have to make some "tough decisions." I didn't want to be forced into making any decisions, let alone the tough ones. This morning when I checked on her, she lay completely still except to move her head to receive a pat. I knelt in the living room and poured out my heart to the Lord and begged him to intervene for Isabel. After I prayed, I went to my computer to read e-mail before leaving for school. A few minutes later, Isabel came into my bedroom, wagging her tail. She trotted to the front door, we went outside, and she went to the bathroom for the first time in three days. She's had eggs and broth to eat and kept both down. Not only did God answer my prayer on behalf of my pet, He answered it immediately! And if He'll take care of a dog, how much more will He take care of me?

4 comments:

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

Wow, such a neat experience!! I'm so glad God cares even for our pets (and our love of pets!). Glad she's doing ok now!!
Speaking of pets, Lila still has that mass on her face. We've been praying about that too (especially Brooke), but still no change. We need to get her over to see Jim and maybe to the vet.

Melanie said...

such a sweet story and I do get amazed sometimes when I can pray for something as "little" as finding my keys and I am answered!

desertmama said...

We've had many prayers like that for Sam too! I'm so glad she's doing better and that God is so good to hear us in everything.

HollyB said...

sniff, sniff, reminds me about my Dodgey. I miss him, I wish he would have been healed. I am happy for you guys though. It's tough loosing a pet or even thinking about loosing one.

Merry Christmas 2008

Hoe Down! October 31, 2008